Thursday, August 31, 2006

About the Security Prof

My name is Joe Graham and I'm a recently appointed faculty member at the John Jay College of Criminal Justice located in lovely New York City. John Jay is part of the City University and I was just appointed to the graduate program in Protection Management.

Anyway, I've just started teaching my first classes for the semester and thought I should put up a blog for my students and other interested parties on the topics that my courses cover. Right now I'm teaching Risk Management, Information Security Management and a Contemporary Issues course.

About myself, I'm a classically over-educated public servant. I just completed twenty-two years with the NYPD where I retired as a Lieutenant. I worked for many years in the NYPD's disciplinary system as an attorney. My education:
BA - New York University
JD - Fordham University School of Law
MPA - Harvard University - Kennedy School of Government
PhD - Economics CUNY Graduate Center (in progress)

So, not only am I a professor in CUNY, I'm also a student.

The academic life is new to me, but so far it seems like it's going just fine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home